Relationships are the most beautiful part of your life. When you’re in a relationship the main aim is usually for the long run or rather happily ever after. What then happens when you feel like you are at a point of confusion. How do you know it’s time to let go and stop holding on no future with this person? How do you know you have reached the dead end?
1) More confusion than clarity- With the course of time, you would have known each other better, so it’s a red flag if you are more confused now than you were weeks or months ago.
2) Initial attraction hasn’t led to a lasting bond- Attraction doesn’t last of long. If you were being attracted to external qualities like a nice smile, a quick wit, a confident demeanor, it can’t hold a couple together for only so long. A romance that flames out quickly might be due to a strong physical attraction with little else to feed it.
3) Your desire for “space” is increasing- Lack of space is responsible for killing many relationships. Everyone needs individual time—that’s normal and natural. But if “me time” has become much more appealing than “us time,” consider this a clear warning sign.
4) You work hard to improve the relationship, but the other person is not making the same effort- Its very important that both of you should make equal efforts for your relationship. A healthy union needs two people who both carry their weight and invest equally in the partnership. The same way it takes two to tango, otherwise it is just a solo performance.
5) Time has revealed a mismatch in your values and beliefs- You have noticed that you have opposite views on almost every issue. Be realistic about whether your respective lives and desires are pointing you in the same direction, or whether impossible compromises lie ahead.
6) You don’t share the same level of motivation and ambition- You both lack mutual sync when it comes to your career goals and objectives. Whether these include career advancement, further education, or personal development, each partner should have clearly defined objectives and a plan to attain them. And while on this is your partner aware of your ambitions, dreams? Are they supportive?
7) You’ve noticed incidents of dishonesty and deception- Its well said that “once a liar is always a liar”. Lies destroy a crucial component of any relationship: trust. The presence of lies and the absence of trust spell trouble. Do you ignore calls from certain people when they are around or have to walk away to answer them?
8) One person is clingy and dependent- Depending on your partner for each and everything won’t help in relationships. Few relationships are able to survive extreme jealousy, possessiveness, over dependence, or controlling behavior. Such actions and attitudes indicate that one or both people lack a solid emotional foundation.
9) Your partner is unrealistic about what is needed for long-term success- In a healthy relationship, the individuals acknowledge that nobody is perfect and there will surely be problems to address. Every relationship will require hard work and perseverance.
10) You have put your own needs and ambitions on hold to concentrate more on your lover’s- This kind of imbalance will eventually leave you feeling resentful. A healthy relationship requires equality, with both individuals feeling valued.
11) More and more you wonder if there’s someone better suited for you- It’s normal to have occasional doubts and questions about the long-term prospects of your partnership, but don’t ignore the warning signs if those thoughts become increasingly frequent.
12) You don’t feel like you can be “completely yourself” with this person- Trying to change or conceal your true self is a big tip that this isn’t a good match.
13) As you look ahead, the vision of your future together is fuzzy- You should be able to envision your relationship five, ten, twenty years ahead with joy and clarity.
Was it interesting? If Yes! Then don’t forget to share this article with your other friends and circle too. You may never know that your share may be proven helpful for many of the users out there. So, keep sharing and liking our content over social media.