A lady is the epitome of womanhood. She’s grand and gorgeous, grabs attention without secret glances, and demands respect without words. She’s the kind of woman other women want to be and other men want to be with. A lady knows just what to do in any circumstance. She’s aware and strong, but yet doesn’t make her man feel less like a man when he’s around her.
Most people assume a lady has to dress like she’s walked out of the Victorian era, and behave like she’s a snotty, spoilt princess who loves frowning at other women and looking down at men.
But in reality, a lady is nothing like that. A lady is someone who makes everyone around her feel loved and respected no matter where she is. She blends in when she has to, and stands out gracefully when the need arises. But beyond all that, a lady is someone who makes her man swell with pride and want her more every day.
If you want to know how to be a lady, don’t fret over the behavior of others or fuss over the arrangement of spoons at a dinner party. Just learn to carry yourself gracefully, and talk to people like you would to a dear friend in a quiet place.
1) Be elegant and graceful. Learn to carry yourself with elegance when you have company no matter where you are, be it at home or out with friends. Don’t clumsily crash on tables while walking or plonk yourself on the couch like you’ve had too much to drink. A real lady is always graceful and feminine.
2) Make your man feel like a real man. Men love feeling like the protectors in the relationship. They don’t care who has control of the relationship as long as they “feel” like they’re controlling it. Play by the games of evolution. Let your man take the place of the protector while you play your part as a damsel who needs him around. Give your man a lot of attention and always make him feel special. And always remember to ask for his assistance even if you’re fully capable of doing it yourself. As long as it’s a chore that feels manly, he’ll help you out with a grin on his face. And the more you make your man feel like he’s the protector of the relationship, the more he’ll love you and want to be with you.
3) Be pleasant to the ears. No one likes a loudmouth, be it a guy or a girl. If you want to be a lady, learn to control your decibel level. Speak softly and avoid shrieking unless you’re excited by something *ladies always look cute when they shriek excitedly*. Smile a lot and always try to involve the people around you into a pleasant conversation. A lady doesn’t brag about herself and her communication skills, she makes everyone else do that involuntarily for her!
4) Bad language and rude gestures. This is a compete no-no. There are so many ways to express yourself without the use of vulgar language or gestures. Of course, on a rare occasion, it’s completely acceptable to use a cuss word or two. But consciously put in an effort to avoid using bad language, especially when you’re in the company of many people.
5) Flirting comes naturally to ladies. Well, flirt with men if you must and if you enjoy it, but never indulge in it when your man is around you. And even if you’re sweet talking with another guy when your man steps in, wrap your hands around your own man to let everyone else know that you’re already taken. The only men who feel insecure are the ones who feel like their girlfriend or wife is a potential cheater. If you make your man feel confident about your relationship by introducing him to any other man you meet without a worry in the world, your man won’t have any worries about the relationship either.
6) Be aware of the world around you. A lady is always aware of the world around her. She’s not just a pretty doll who knows how to dress and look good. This may take a while to master, but spend a good hour reading the newspapers and watching the news every day. Don’t be the dumb, pretty lass who needs her man around to add two numbers or tell her about the presidential elections because she’s too dimwitted to understand what’s going on herself. A real lady is smart, even shrewd when need be, and she’s always ready to give advice to her man or anyone else who needs her advice.
7) Be a gracious host and a charming guest. A lady is a people’s person. So if you want to be one, you need to learn to speak to people warmly when you’re a guest. And when you’re a host, you need to make your guests feel right at home around you. Have you ever met a woman or two who make you feel so comfortable and relaxed within a few minutes of meeting them? Well, that’s a definite trait of a lady. She’s gracious, fun and knows how to make people feel important and loved.
8) Don’t go soft. Just because you’re behaving like a lady and your man’s ready to help you all the time shouldn’t make you soft. Be strong, smart and savvy. Your man may like helping you now and then. But if he feels like you can’t do anything by yourself, he’ll start to get frustrated easily.
Remember, the key to being a lady is to ask a man for help, but always look for subtle ways to let him realize that you could do it yourself. By asking for his help like you need it, you’re not just asking him for help, you’re making him feel more like a man by making him feel more powerful in the relationship.
Things to avoid doing just because you’re a lady
Don’t get carried away just because you feel like a perfect lady who’s all full of charisma and grace. Here are three things you need to keep in mind so you don’t cross the line from being a lady and turn bitchy.
1) Don’t ever make your man feel small and irrelevant just because you’re completely capable of handling your own life on your own.
2) Don’t go correcting everyone else because you think *you’re better than them* or smarter than them. If you really do have to point a flaw, be very discreet about it.
3) Don’t ever be snotty or mean to women who aren’t as graceful as you. You may now understand the traits of a fine lady, but that gives you no excuse to treat other lesser women badly.
Hey guys, don’t hesitate from dropping comments. They always encourage me to bring you more. Do let me know how you felt about my post in your comments. Take Care!!