How to Record Webcam Video Chat Through VLC Media Player ?
For work purposes or to record personal memories, you use capturing tools on your computer. You either capture desktop or use webcam to record videos. There are various capturing tools but VLC media player gives you capturing functionality. You do not require any other plugin or third software to capture a screenshot.
If you did not get that, then follow these detailed steps:
- Go to Media > Open Capture Device [CTRL + C].
- In Capture Mode, make sure “DirectShow” is selected.
- In Video device name, choose your webcam: HD WebCam.
For Audio, you can specify “Microphone” or “Stereo Mix”. A microphone is your default mic and Stereo Mix is the sound that your device is playing. Just leave it to “Default” option if you are unsure.
Other optional fields that you can specify are the video size and advanced options such as “Picture aspect ratio”.
- After setting up the options, choose “Stream”, hit next and you reach “Stream Output” step.
- Hit next in direct show (show) options.
- In “Stream Output” be sure “file” is selected in “new destination” and hit add.
- Browse and give file name and extension for the container. Hit Save.
- Choose a video profile. The default one works great. Hit Next.
- In the final step hit “Stream”, VLC will minimize and your webcam will begin recording.
- The moving time counter tells us that the video is recording. Hit “Stop” button in VLC to stop recording. The video will be saved as a file you specified before.