Staying Friends With Your Ex Is Actually A Lovely Experience
Well this may sound a bit weird to most of the stereotyped Indians out there, but I had to come up with this because it is one of my personal experiences and trust me it is Beautiful. Whether your relationship ended by mutual agreement or feelings on your end that you see your significant other as more of a friend than a lover, the “I’d like us to still be friends” conversation often comes into play. It is hard to fully let go sometimes, especially if the relationship began with a friendship and in my case I never felt no less than a lover. You do not want to completely ruin what you had just because a romantic relationship didn’t work out. You can still talk all the time, hang out, go see a movie… just without all the feelings, right?
If your relationship ended due to infidelity, abuse, jealousy or trust issues, remaining friends is almost impossible. However, somehow we have the notion that if the breakup is amicable, a lasting friendship should be no problem.
So let me give you the reasons why I adore what is it between me and my ex
1) No Blame Game: You guys must have seen people talking all bull shit about their partners even after years of breaking up. That is because they are not matured enough to understand and admit that “Dude its okay, It didn’t go well.. Not her fault, not even mine; better cherish the memories”. There is no point speaking ill of anyone when you know her character is not worth of such foul comments.
2) You have gained a lifetime mate who knows you better than anyone: Your friends might know you, but not in the same way they would if they had dated you. Your ex can read you like no one else, and that’s a rare but important quality to have in a any relationship. They can tell you what you don’t always want to hear (but sometimes need to hear), because dating basically trained you for that. I feel I can talk to her about anything and everything, get cozy, because she knows me inside out and I can swear I don’t fear of losing her no matter what i confess to her because we have faced the worst together.
3) Nothing left to fight about: You’ve already had the all fights, and the solution to them was calling off the relationship. So now whatever you have between you too, it is actually close to flawless. Hardly a few realize this. I do of course.
4) Have Endless amount of Joke Ammunition: You can laugh together about each other’s flaws, because you’re no longer in a position to be rejected based on them. That’s what soul mates are for — as long as you both can dish it out and take it. It feels so great even better than dating anyone.
5) You are happy for each other: Actively rooting for your ex in their search might not be the norm, but it is a lot of fun. It’s an effective way of telling future partners that you’re not weird about the past, and they shouldn’t be either. I love this thing about us that we do not try to interfere because we are happy the way we are in our personal lives and want some quality time for “US” as well. This “US” doesn’t require a definition(for those who are still not matured).
6) It is not at all scary to regret for: At the very least, you learn it’s OK to end something that’s not working, because you won’t always lose this person forever. A failed relationship doesn’t have to be a waste of time — it can just be the road less traveled to a successful relationship beyond love.
It’s of no harm still being in touch with your ex provided you have attained that level of maturity to handle stuffs.
If you liked this post, please feel free to vote, like, share and comment. Take care 🙂